For every chapter exam the students have two options for their assessment.
1. Write an essay that addresses the prompt provided in the test options portion of each chapter link.
2.Take a summative assessment
- Students who prefer this option are expected to write a formal 5 paragraph essay prior to test day.
- All information needed to complete the essay can be found in the student’s notes from class, the text book, and the
corresponding chapter notes found on this site.
- The students are permitted to use outside sources; however, all sources used must be properly cited to avoid plagiarism.
- All essay are due at the beginning of the period on test day, failure to produce an essay will result in the student being
responsible for completing the exam.
- All essays will be graded on a 100 point scale
- Tests will range in length between 20 and 35 questions.
- They will consist of a mixture of multiple choice, matching, true/false, and completion questions.
- All exam questions will be based on information from the chapter being assessed
- Students who plan to take the exam are encouraged to follow the chapter links to an online practice test. This practice test is
NOT identical to the one they will be given in class and only serves to provide practice in the types of questions and content that
may appear on the exam.